In this post, I want to introduce you a soon-to-be-launched productized service. It helps designers to convert their beautiful work into a fully functional but also light-weighted WordPress theme.
I know it doesn’t sound that charming, but if you are a designer who’ve ever sworn you’ll never purchase from any theme shop again, please read this up, I might have something for you.
Last Christmas I started an online survey about why freelance web developers get hired. The survey was simple with only 3 main questions. It was for whom was hired as freelance web developers, or who had ever hired them. The 3 questions for these 2 groups were different:
- Freelance web developers would be asked:
- How do your clients find about you?
- How do you spread the word about your brand and your work?
- What do you wish you had known when you first started?
- People who had ever hired freelance web developers would be asked:
- Why did you hire a specific freelance web developer?
- What issues or challenges led you to hire him / her?
- What result did you expect when work with him / her?
Sounds interesting? Now let me tell you the behind-the-scenes story about why I started the survey, how I conducted it, and most importantly, what I’ve learned. Read More…