Last Christmas I started an online survey about why freelance web developers get hired. The survey was simple with only 3 main questions. It was for whom was hired as freelance web developers, or who had ever hired them. The 3 questions for these 2 groups were different:
- Freelance web developers would be asked:
- How do your clients find about you?
- How do you spread the word about your brand and your work?
- What do you wish you had known when you first started?
- People who had ever hired freelance web developers would be asked:
- Why did you hire a specific freelance web developer?
- What issues or challenges led you to hire him / her?
- What result did you expect when work with him / her?
Sounds interesting? Now let me tell you the behind-the-scenes story about why I started the survey, how I conducted it, and most importantly, what I’ve learned. Read More…
I’m a senior web developer helping clients build their websites to grow businesses. Currently I’m based in Taipei, Taiwan.
I write things about WordPress, AngularJS and life. Whenever you’d like to find someone to talk about these topics, just get in touch!