Today I moved 1Fix.io from Media Temple DV to Digital Ocean. I’m still happy with MT, just love to try the SSD cloud server and the appealing 55 seconds deployment. I’m pretty satisfied with it so far. Here’s what I’ve done to transfer 1Fix.io:
- Download the site backup from WP Remote, my favorite WordPress dashboard service. I track all my WP sites with it.
- Sign up a Digital Ocean account. Enter the promo code “DODEPLOY” to get $10 credit.
- Create my first droplet in less than 55 seconds. I choose:
- 512MB / 1CPU/ 20GB SSD / 1TB transfer: $5 monthly
- Singapore datacenter
- Application: WordPress on Ubuntu 13.10
- Use SFTP to transfer my files to my droplet. Connect the db with Navicat to import the db sql file.
- Update the wp-config.php and .htaccess.
- Test to make sure the blog runs well.
- Change the DNS settings in Amazon Route 53. DONE!
I really enjoy the process and thanks to all the services / apps listed above, everything runs so smoothly without any extra efforts. Things just work.
Are you looking for the next hosting company for your website / blog? Digital Ocean would definitely worth a try!